Centre Mission Statement:
To provide quality Christian early childhood care and education which is accessible to the local community.
Trust Board Mission Statement:
To facilitate the functioning of community ministries of the Ashburton Baptist Church.
Our Core Values:
- We believe that our church-based community ministry should recognise that:
- Every person is equally and infinitely valued by God.
- Every person needs to experience the love of Christ.
- All people are unique and made up of body, mind and spirit, all of which needs to be nurtured.
- The needs of the children and their families are paramount.
- The Ashburton Baptist Preschool is a place of Christian ministry. It should model the character of Christ in all it does.
- The Ashburton Baptist Church acknowledges the Trust Board as the governing body of the Preschool and needs to provide:
- active interest
- As part of the church nationally we share a fundamental role in bringing about reconciliation and justice as envisaged in the Bible and covenanted in the Treaty of Waitangi.
- Quality service must be accessible and affordable to all people in the Ashburton Community and surrounding districts. The service must also foster independence.
- Employees and volunteers:
- are valued
- are supported in ongoing training and resourced appropriately
- should actively reflect the philosophy of the service
- should be prayerfully supported.